|I need a clue.|
This article is a stub. You can help Mystery Skulls Wiki by expanding it.
Mushi has a petite yet athletic body, sky blue hair with bangs, and a long raised ponytail. She has a scar on her cheek under her left eye, as well as another on her upper left arm.
She wears a long blue scarf, a light blue gi of some kind, and a darker blue mesh shirt and pants underneath. She wears purple-ish leather fingerless bracer gloves up to her elbows and wrappings from her knees down to right before her toes, being shoeless.
Her physical appearance is eerily similar to Vivi, though she has noticeable differences in hair shape, clothing, and a more serious and battle hardy demeanor in her expressions.
Mushi carries a blue katana with tassels on the pommel and gold diamond patterns (tsuka-ito) on the handle. This sword has very strong ice themes with the guard being snowflake-shaped and snowflake patterns appearing on the blade itself. It glows of an otherworldly blue essence that might be connected to Vivi's bat that also glows the same color in "Hellbent", presumably due to a mysterious rectangular Japanese sticker/charm that can be seen wrapped around the bat.
Mushi seems to have a rather stoic presence, but will aggressively defend those she feels the need to protect. She is bold and confrontational towards a very powerful looking Mystery in kitsune form from the illustration images in "Hellbent". In the latest music video "The Future", she appears more friendly towards Vivi and goes out of her way to help her fight Shiromori through some type of spiritual ice power/connection with the ofuda talisman on Vivi's bat.
Mushi is a swords-woman from ancient Japan who has had direct encounters with Mystery in his kitsune form and Shiromori in her forest form from the distant past. She has even fought with Mystery directly in a fierce battle from what has been shown in the illustrations in "Hellbent". She may have also faced Shiromori in her humanoid form at some point, but that is currently unknown. Interestingly, the possibility of Mushi's presence throws Shiromori into a full-blown panic when she mistakes Vivi for her.
The observation of Mushi's threat turned out to be mostly true during "The Future" music video, where Mushi's powers directly aided Vivi in defeating Shiromori and are most likely responsible for Vivi not dying from serious injuries during the fight.
- Sword proficiency: Mushi wielded a katana in the past. She was likely quite adept; a battle with Mystery depicted the kitsune bloody and bruised while Mushi was relatively unscathed and still armed.
- Cryokinesis: Mushi appeared to have ice magic that she could channel into her katana. In the flashback with Mystery, snow was on the ground whereas the previous scene confirmed the setting was not in winter. Furthermore, in "The Future", Mushi's spirit manifested in a snowy forest when she met Vivi. After Vivi accepted her help, her baseball bat generated the same glow as Mushi's katana did and could produce ice.
- Jourdan Lasko released the character sheet on Mushi with the caption: "A bescarfed warrior from an ancient time. She wields an enchanted, chilly blade cold enough to slice through even the most hot-headed demon. Her fate seems intertwined with the modern-day Vivi, but in what way currently remains a mystery."
- Her design and name are based on Musashi from Brave Fencer Musashi.
- Her name comes from the Japanese word "mushi" (虫) which means "bug".
Click here to view this page's gallery.
- "MSA Stream" (1:04:21) Archived from Picarto.
- "MSA Stream" (1:02:58) Archived from Picarto.
|Characters in Mystery Skulls Animated|
|Protagonists||Arthur • Vivi • Mystery|
|Antagonists||Lewis • ??? • Shiromori|
|Minor characters||Dead Beats • Painting Ghosts • Pepper Family • Lance • Mushi • Galahad • Duet • Chloe • Rooster • Yukino Family|